About me

Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tricked into murder (poem)

Good news was brought to me that morning.
But my exhilaration did not last long.
I told the man I loved.
He was outraged.
"Stupid girl!" he roared.
"Why weren't you more careful?!"
I didn't understand.
I thought he would be as joyful as I was.
"Oh well," he groaned.
"This mistake can be fixed.
And I will do whatever I can to fix it.
Even if it means controlling you,
Taking away your right of freedom,
Your right to choose."
Those words sent chills down my spine.
I knew he was a powerful man.
Although I did not want to do such a thing,
I agreed.

I told my friends what had happened that day.
They told me "don't worry,
It will be okay.
It won't affect you.
You won't feel a thing.
It will be like nothing ever happened.
Besides, you want him to love you,
Right?
So do what he says."
It still did not feel right,
But I stayed silent.

I told my family what my friends had said that day.
"It won't hurt you.
It won't affect you.
Do what your loved one says.
It will be like nothing had ever happened."
Maybe they were right.
It wouldn't hurt me;
I wouldn't die.

The following day was the worst day of my life.
The day I realized
That the ones I thought had cared for me
Had lied all this time.
I not only destroyed someone else,
But I had damaged myself.

I'm drowning in melancholy,
Depression,
And regret.
This mistake that I have made
Is something I cannot forget.
I want more than anything
To take back what I had done.
This mistake I will never make again.
There is no more use in living.
I have one thing to say to you before I die.
I'm sorry I took your most prized possession away:
Life.


This poem is about a woman who is coerced into an abortion, and she becomes extremely depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment