About me

Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

A War Over A War (poem)

There's a war going on,
But there's disagreement on whether it's right.
You're for it,
I'm against it.
You want to start a war
Over whether or not this war is moral.

Don't start another war,
There are too many going on in the world.
Don't hate me just because
We disagree on one issue.
Don't you dare start
A war over a war.

You're under the impression that I'm out to take away your rights.
I'm not; I'm simply trying to save some lives.
I've accepted your tolerance for the war against the defenseless.
Why can't you accept that I'm against this?

Don't start another war,
There are too many going on in the world.
Don't hate me just because
We disagree on one issue.
Don't you dare start
A war over a war.

I will not fight in this war,
For it will do nothing but take away more innocent lives.
Is that really what you want?

Don't start another war,
There are too many going on in the world.
Don't hate me just because
We disagree on one issue.
Don't you dare start
A war over a war.

Why can't we just be friends?
Don't you tear apart our friendship,
Just because you disagree with me.
I've tolerated your views,
Why can't you tolerate mine?

Swallow your pride.
Look at the other side.
It would help if your head wasn't held so high.
Remember our friendship.
Nothing else matters.
I'll loose the war if winning means hurting you.

Don't start another war,
There are too many going on in the world.
Don't hate me just because
We disagree on one issue.
Don't you dare start
A war over a war.


I wrote this after getting into a really heated debate with someone. The "war" talked about was actually abortion. Basically, just because you disagree with someone does not mean that you hate each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment