About me

Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Because I Am A Girl (poem)

The moment you saw me, you shrieked.
You wanted to take back what you had done.
You lost your chance, and the only way to get it back
Was to get rid of me,
Your baby girl.

You threw me into the river and drowned me.
You stabbed me to be sure I was dead.
You killed me.
Because I am a girl

I guess I'm lucky that I lived to see daylight.
Many of my sisters died long before their birth.
Still, I want to see the world.
I want to know love.
But even if you let me live,
You'd never love me in the way you'd love your baby son.

I were a boy, you wouldn't hate me.
Why was I created this way?
If some humans are superior to others,
Why do people like me exist?
We must have some greater purpose than this.

You threw me into the river and drowned me.
You stabbed me to be sure I was dead.
You killed me.
Because I am a girl.

You drowned me,
Stabbed me,
And killed me,
Because I am a girl.


This poem is about gendercide and how horrible it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment