I just wanted to ask you
how you were doing.
You seemed unhappy when you were with me.
I remember our wedding day.
You didn't seem as happy as I was
to be together.
But now I know
that he told you to marry a woman
to cure your attraction to men.
He said,
"maybe with faith,
this marriage will conquer your lust.
You will learn to love
who you're supposed to love."
We thought we could make it,
that love would conquer all.
I love you,
but you are not mine.
I know you're not happy with me.
We had faith,
but this marriage didn't destroy
your love for him.
Now go and be with your true love.
Because my love for you
will let you love,
even if you're not with me.
This poem is about a woman who married a gay man, without knowing he was gay. They divorced because she wanted him to be happy. This is based loosely on some true stories I've heard.
No comments:
Post a Comment