About me

Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.

Monday, July 7, 2014

The NSA sucks

I hate NSA surveillance. In fact, I wrote a letter to a senator about it for a school project. People say I shouldn't worry because I'm not committing any crimes, but there are some things I'd prefer to keep private, you know? I mean, do you want your teacher to read your diary? Do you want your crush to know that you've been stalking him/her on Facebook? Do you want your friends to know about your embarrassing health issues? Do you want your worst enemy to know about the embarrassing things you did when you were young? So why would you be okay with the NSA spying on you?
I'm also kind of worried that the government will become too powerful and oppressive, and will arrest people for, like, saying bad things about the government (sort of like McCarthyism). I know a lot of people say that's never going to happen, but similar things have happened in the past. For example, when the Cold War was going on, people faced serious legal consequences if they were accused of being Communist. The War on Terror is similar to the fight against Communism during the Cold War in the sense that the government violated human rights in order to fight whatever was the threat at the time. History is repeating itself, and I don't want any more people to have their rights taken away.

(I'll probably write something better later...)

No comments:

Post a Comment