Well, it's not quite like that. Still, though.
Many liberals are trying to decrease the stigma of people who grieve after a miscarriage. Which I completely support. Here's the thing, though: most of them are the same people who use rhetoric that dehumanizes unborn children to justify abortion. That doesn't really make sense logically.
I mean, sure, I can see how a pro-choicer would be sympathetic to their friend's disappointment surrounding a miscarriage because she was trying to have a baby. But one cannot say the fetus isn't a human while feeling sad for someone who has lost their already existing baby. And with the commonness of trigger warnings, will those blog posts that dehumanize the unborn require such a warning? Probably not.
Which is where the "it's only a baby if it's wanted" logic comes in, which is the abortion religion at its finest (I mean that sarcastically). Seriously, there is no logical reason to believe that. And we're the religious fanatics???
I don't have much else to say about this, but the point still stands.
No comments:
Post a Comment