About me

Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

They can't hear her screams (poem)

I really hope you're joking
that you enjoy degrading women.
Oh wait, you're not?
Oh yeah, I forgot, you're a loser.

I can hear her screaming,
I see the tears coming from her eyes.
But I'm the only one who sees this,
and no one believes me.

They can't hear her screams,
they just block it out with your music.
They don't see behind the scenes,
they just see the video.

The lines are defined,
it's your vision that's blurred.
You don't know that she wants it,
and you wouldn't care if she didn't!

They can't hear her screams,
they just block it out with your music.
They don't see behind the scenes,
they just see the video.

How could you be so evil,
but have so many fans?
Why did your wife approve this?
Why did your mother approve this?

They can't hear her screams,
they just block it out with your music.
They don't see behind the scenes,
they just see the video.


This was written in response to the sexism and portrayal of rape culture in the media. This is also kind of response to the horrible song "Blurred Lines."

No comments:

Post a Comment