About me

Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Obamacare's got everybody fooled...

Listen, I don't care anymore what people think of Obamacare. I just think this advertisement is degrading:
And yes, it's real. It was found on a pro-Obamacare website, and the commentary was not "this is disgusting that those stupid Republicans would make this up;" it was "Obamacare is great."
Seriously. This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. It sends the message that women only care about having sex with attractive men (and another thing, that guy in the ad is not at all attractive. In fact, he looks like a douchebag). Guess what, idiots. This is not what we care about. Many of those who advocate for reproductive freedoms like to make us think that this is empowering. Um, nice try. I'd rather be respected than get free birth control.
And that's not all. I mean, there are men who support abortion just so they can have sex with their girlfriends and not have to worry about caring for a baby, and they will coerce women into ending their pregnancies. This is not pro-life or pro-choice. This is sick.
And now I'm suddenly tempted to sing "Everybody's Fool" by Evanescence. Actually, that could apply to a lot of things...

No comments:

Post a Comment