If you are an empowered woman who is happily married with children, awesome! I'm just saying that the life depicted on the right isn't as horrible as one might think. C'mon, feminism means cats, alone time, freedom to express my emotions, ice cream, AND the ability to breathe fire. No feminism means marriage, children, and being in cheesy photos. If you're trying to convince me to stop being a feminist, it's not working.
About me
Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Feminism > no feminism (and not just because feminists have the ability to breathe fire)
So... I found this:
Is it bad that I actually find this kind of hilarious? Don't get me
wrong, I think it's an unfair generalization, but it's funny because I'm
a feminist, and the one on the right describes my life fairly
accurately, although unfortunately my ability to breathe fire is only
figurative, and I have yet to own a cat (if they just added some
pictures of women drawing, eating, listening to music, and staring
lovingly at pictures of Gerard Way, it would describe my life
perfectly). And honestly, I wouldn't trade feminism for the life
depicted on the left. Even if I don't own a cat or have the ability to
breathe fire.
If you are an empowered woman who is happily married with children, awesome! I'm just saying that the life depicted on the right isn't as horrible as one might think. C'mon, feminism means cats, alone time, freedom to express my emotions, ice cream, AND the ability to breathe fire. No feminism means marriage, children, and being in cheesy photos. If you're trying to convince me to stop being a feminist, it's not working.
If you are an empowered woman who is happily married with children, awesome! I'm just saying that the life depicted on the right isn't as horrible as one might think. C'mon, feminism means cats, alone time, freedom to express my emotions, ice cream, AND the ability to breathe fire. No feminism means marriage, children, and being in cheesy photos. If you're trying to convince me to stop being a feminist, it's not working.
Labels:
conformity,
emotion,
feminism,
gender,
humor,
individuality,
just for fun,
liberty,
life,
marriage,
satire
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment