About me

Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.

Friday, June 26, 2015

So... gay marriage is now legal in all 50 states...

Here are my thoughts on that:
  1. That's awesome! (Ideally, the government would be a lot less involved in marriage, but this is definitely better than what we had before)
  2. I still support the right to not be involved in supporting a same-sex marriage, regardless of what the government thinks.
  3. That does not mean I won't try to persuade people to become more accepting.
  4. I wonder if this will eventually "kill" the issue. Part of me says yes, as society has become a lot more accepting of gay marriage within a short time. The other part of me remembers the Roe v. Wade decision, which obviously did not stop people from protesting abortion. Then again, gay marriage doesn't kill people.

No comments:

Post a Comment