"From pacifist to terrorist, each person condemns violence - and then adds one cherished case in which it may be justified." --Gloria Steinem, abortion advocate
"Birth control is not my boss's business." --People who believe their bosses should pay for their birth control
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." --United States Declaration of Independence, written by Thomas Jefferson, who owned slaves and abused them
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." --Galatians 3:28, written by the apostle Paul, who also said women should be silent in church
"I support abortion access because I'm a feminist, and anyone who disagrees is a sexist pig." --Most magazines targeted towards women, the majority of which shame fat people, sexualize women, and promote pornographic literature that glamorizes rape
"I'm pro-life because I'm a Christian." --Republicans who also support war, the death penalty, torture, and criminalizing poverty
"Save the unborn babies!" --Conservative Christian pro-lifers who won't include non-traditional pro-lifers in the movement
"No one is pro-abortion." --President Barack Obama, the guy who thinks people should be forced to pay for abortions
"I think when you spread the wealth around it's good for everybody." --President Barack Obama, a rich guy
"The
liberals think government exists to fix what's wrong with America. They
find fault with our Constitution, our economic model and our core
values. We disagree with the premise of their argument. We believe
there's nothing wrong with America that an extra dose of freedom won't
cure." --Rick Perry, a guy who abused his power while in office and supported anti-sodomy laws
"I do care about not 99 percent or 95 percent. I care about the very rich and the very poor. I care about 100 percent of America." --Rick Santorum, a guy who has said a lot of bigoted things that prove he cares more about some Americans than others
"People
of faith, people of no faith, people of different faith, that's what
America is all about; it's bringing that diversity into and challenge of
the different ideas that motivate people in our country. That's what
makes America work." --That same Rick Santorum guy
"Rape is NEVER the victim's fault." --Some feminists who deny that forced abortion is a thing
"#AllLivesMatter is offensive." --People who talk about how horrible male circumcision is when the discussion was supposed to be about ending female genital mutilation
"People should be allowed to make their own decisions regarding their sex life." --People who can't understand why someone would abstain from sex until marriage (or whatever)
"It's none of your business what I do in the bedroom!" --People who talk openly about their sex life in great detail
"I support women's health." --People who oppose increased health inspections on abortion clinics
"America is the greatest country ever because we're free." --People who oppose flag-burning and anything else that disrespects the symbol of our free country
"The government should not legislate morality!" --Liberals who support legislated equality
"Check your privilege!" --Upper-middle class, able-bodied, white, American liberals who think paying for their own birth control is the worst thing they could ever experience
"Race is a social construct." --People who are hyper-focused on said social construct
"We have to make sure we’re... protecting the well-being of women and children in our cities." --Josh Duggar, a misogynistic child molester
"Christians are evil, misogynistic, and responsible for all problems with the world." --Liberals who make a point to say "not all Muslims" when terrorism or misogyny in third-world countries is brought up
"Islam is a horrible religion that promotes terrorism and rape!" --Conservative Christians who don't see how marital rape can be a thing
"It's easy to laugh, it's easy to hate, it takes guts to be gentle and kind." --Morrissey, who, despite being extremely talented, is anything but gentle and kind
"Did I feel sad [about the abortion]? Yes. Do I regret it? No! Because I know that the spirit I named Mariah will go on to a woman who is ready for her." --"Sister Apple, Sister Pig" by Mary Walling Blackburn, a children's book that promotes the secular, science-based pro-choice movement as opposed to the extremely religious pro-life movement
"In order to be a feminist, you must support gender equality. That's all!" --People who claim that feminists cannot be pro-life, conservative, libertarian, Christian, or whatever
"Be yourself!" --A society that looks down upon those who don't conform
No comments:
Post a Comment