About me

Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Look! More Facebook quotes!

Here's a conspiracy theory that I just thought of: they're making the [state] test difficult so no one can get a job and they'll all be dependent on the government to take care of them (even if they are perfectly capable of working), and then we'll become a communist country, and then the government will have all this power when we're all miserable. Sort of like if someone broke your legs, handed you a crutch and then said "see, without me you wouldn't be able to walk." That seems unlikely, but even still, this test is effed up.

What is up with sexist libertarians? They're contradicting their own beliefs. I mean, what is liberty if women aren't seen as individual persons of equal worth to men? It's collectivism, it limits individual rights, and at worst, it can lead to aggression. Sounds TOTALLY libertarian to me. Not.
Seriously, just because you believe in constitutional rights does not mean you have to have all the same views as the founding fathers.

Being anti-gay is stupid.
Before any of my religious conservative friends attack me because I'm "against religious freedom," keep this in mind: I believe that it is wrong for the government to pass anti-stupidity legislation, so long as the stupidity is not an act of aggression. That said, I also think it's wrong for the government to pass laws for mandatory stupidity. Just saying.

Whenever people talk about the pro-life generation, I imagine a rebellious teenager speaking out against abortion even though her parents are vehemently pro-choice. It's more accurate and interesting than wishfully thinking that this generation is going to turn America back to God and/or "traditional values."

I'm a libertarian. I think it's up to the private sector to genetically engineer magical talking ponies. And the good thing about that is the government doesn't do that sort of thing very well anyway. But I totally agree that the war on drugs sucks. Also, studies have shown that magical talking ponies may decrease the use of drugs. That way, people will be healthy without being forced to by the government! Won't that be great? 

So... I hear there's going to be ANOTHER F**** Sh**** of G*** book. Like she had to torture us with another one (oh, wait, that's kind of her thing, isn't it?).
I think the final book in the series should go like this:
In order to defend herself (because I don't believe in aggression), Ana pushes Chris out of that window he always stares out of (and yes, I called him Chris. Deal with it). The broken glass cuts his skin and he bleeds a lot. But that's not all. He's impaled (and blood gushes everywhere), then he's struck by lightning, then acid rain falls on him, then an anvil falls on his head, and then he gets run over by a car and eaten by wild animals. He then rots in hell for eternity and Ana gets access to the therapy she needs. The end.
But nooooooo, she didn't take my suggestion even though I told her she wouldn't have to pay me! And even still, she has a ton of money, so giving me a small percentage wouldn't be a big deal, right?


(This one was never publicly posted on Facebook, but it's worth sharing anyway) Memorial Day (and pretty much any American holiday) tends to bring mixed feelings for me. Don't get me wrong, I totally respect those who have voluntarily risked their lives for our freedom. It's when people act like being in the military automatically makes you a hero that I have a problem. What about those who have committed war crimes? And what about those who had to fight in the military because they had no other choice?
Also, here are a few words on patriotism: I am all for life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. I'm all for Constitutional rights. I'm fine with the American flag and other patriotic symbols. It is when people take away these freedoms we're supposed to enjoy in the name of patriotism that I can't stand. People have risked so much, even their lives, to protect our freedom (and I'm not just talking about soldiers), and we honor them by trying to censor free speech that may be offensive to them and/or their loved ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment