Buzzfeed quiz: "What literary couple makes you believe in love?"
Um... Most of the options given were literary couples that make me lose my faith in true love. Seriously. Edward Cullen and Bella Swan? Romeo and Juliet? Gatsby and Daisy? ANASTASIA STEELE AND CHRISTIAN FREAKING GREY??? And people wonder why I hate 99% of "romantic" stories. Because they send toxic messages about what love is! Stalking is not romantic. Suicide is not romantic. Marrying someone you barely know isn't romantic. Breaking the law for the sole purpose of impressing someone is not romantic. Misogyny is not romantic. Forcing someone to engage in sexual activities they are uncomfortable with is DEFINITELY NOT romantic. Seriously, any dummy should know that.
Newsflash: talking to women is not bad. Flirting with women is not bad. Complimenting women is not bad. Shouting sexually suggestive comments at women is annoying and creepy, and no woman would want to date you if you did that. Learn the difference.
Another newsflash: sometimes people abuse their authority. So... please stop saying things like "I have nothing to hide" in defense of NSA surveillance and "have you tried not breaking the law" in defense of police brutality. I don't care if you're not politically libertarian. I don't care if you're conservative, liberal, moderate, or whatever. Just stop being an authoritarian.
Note to all my fiscally conservative friends: if you don't want liberals to think you hate the poor, stop acting like all poor people are lazy! There are some perfectly good arguments for fiscal conservatism that are also respectful to those who are poor. USE THEM.
--A fiscal conservative who doesn't hate the poor
I like libertarianism. I hate it when libertarians say offensive and/or ignorant things just so they don't sound like those "politically correct liberal statists" or whatever. I'm sick of those libertarians who are also selfish, insufferable men's rights activists (this includes some libertarian women). Like one of the libertarian pages I follow posted something a while back about how "reverse sexism" exists because (gasp) THERE'S NO MEN'S HISTORY MONTH. What the heck does that have to do with limited government or the non-aggression principle??? There are better things to do with your time than complain about a freaking time of year that doesn't even threaten your freedom. Next thing we know, they'll be complaining about how you don't get cool power-ups in Mario Kart if you're in first place. Seriously!!
According to the Internet, I am creative, old, goth, gay, introverted, a man (or at least very masculine), a genius, and a sociopath. Close enough.
I find it depressing that an animated snowman knows more about love than the general public.
Newsflash! These things don't determine whether or not you have
unalienable rights: race, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability,
income, social status, or anything else that is unrelated to being an
organism with human DNA. It is arbitrary and absurd to decide that some
humans are more important than others. Besides, if you keep adding more
criteria for what makes a human being worth something, eventually only a
select number of human beings will be considered worthy of unalienable
rights (if any), and chances are, you will not be one of them because it
could be twisted in a way that is not in your favor.
No comments:
Post a Comment