I love how people always talk about "protecting religious liberty" when they oppose laws requiring people to pay for others' abortions. Um, yeah, because it's only important that religious pro-lifers should be exempt from that. Nonreligious pro-lifers can just suck it up and deal with it because they don't have any religious motivation to oppose abortion.
Don't get me wrong; I totally support religious liberty, but that's not the only liberty I support, nor is it the liberty I'm most concerned about protecting. I believe all people, religious or not, should be able to live according to their moral compass, so long as they don't hurt anyone.
I get that many of those people who advocate for that type of religious freedom are against taxpayer-funded abortions in general. I'm just saying that NONRELIGIOUS PRO-LIFERS EXIST. And I am one of them.
About me
Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment