About me
Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Does one have to identify as a feminist solely for supporting gender equality?
I'm pretty sure you've all seen this before, or at least something like it. Although I agree that there needs to be less stigma surrounding feminism, I can understand why one would be hesitant to consider themselves one. I've been called "anti-woman" more times than I can count because I'm a pro-life libertarian, so I can understand not wanting to associate myself with feminism because, frankly, most outspoken feminists are pro-abortion statists (no, that is not an attack on all pro-choice liberal feminists). At the same time, I am extremely passionate about women's rights. I admire the first-wave feminists, and it makes me sick when girls and women are oppressed.
Personally, I want to take back feminism so people will know what it's actually supposed to mean. Kind of like how I'm pro-life, despite the movement having a significant number of idiots.
But I'm not going to force that label on anyone else.
Labels:
feminism
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment