I swear, if one more person talks about Fifty Shades of Grey in a positive light, I WILL STRANGLE THEM. Except they'd probably enjoy that, so never mind. Also, I don't exactly believe in aggression. Well, whatever. I will metaphorically strangle them.
I know, I know. You're probably wondering what happened to my rants about Live Action demonizing BDSM. Thing is, I'm not against Fifty Shades of Grey because I think BDSM is some perverted, deviant thing. I don't care what consenting adults do in the bedroom. I'm against it because, let's face it, CHRISTIAN GREY IS A CREEPY SOCIOPATH. Face it, if some guy was stalking you, coercing you into doing certain sexual acts, disregarding your right to tell him to stop, getting angry at you for NOT telling him to stop, and traumatizing you, it would be at best terrifying and at worst illegal (note: I haven't actually read the book, but everyone I've talked to who has read it says that's pretty much what happens). Because this sort of behavior is romanticized, it causes people to have an unrealistic view about what a healthy sexual relationship should be like.
I don't want to get into any more detail, but I think you get the idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment