About me

Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Maleficent was actually pretty awesome (don't read if you haven't seen it)

So... I saw Maleficent. Although it was certainly flawed, I thought it was pretty good overall.
At first, I thought it was kind of cheesy, and I thought it was weird that her name was Maleficent even before she was evil (so I came up with a theory that Maleficent meant something else in their fairy language). So there were some obvious flaws.
Otherwise, I really enjoyed it. I think the plot was far more interesting than Disney's original Sleeping Beauty, and it gave Maleficent more depth (which is not to say that the original Maleficent isn't awesome or bad@$$).
I also liked it because, like Frozen, it showed that an act of true love doesn't always have to be romantic. I'll admit that I cried during that scene.
Plus, the CGI was pretty epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment