About me

Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Awesome, meaningful quotes!


  • "Heroes are ordinary people that make themselves extraordinary." --Gerard Way
  • "Don't ever let the media tell you what your body is supposed to look like, you're beautiful just the way you are. Keep it ugly." --Gerard Way
  • "I don't pretend to be captain weird. I just do what I do." --Johnny Depp
  • “Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself to become a new person.” --Gerard Way
  • "There's nothing wrong with me; there's something wrong with you!" --Korse from The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys
  • “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.” --Gerard Way
  • “Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?” --Gerard Way
  • “Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.” --Gerard Way
  • “Tears are words the heart can't express” --Gerard Way
  • “No matter how ugly the world gets or how stupid it shows me it is, I always have faith.” --Gerard Way
  • My life was horrible. When I was a kid I was fat, too ugly and her hair was horrible. I used to get teased every f***ing day. Slammed against the lockers, a punch in the face - you name it. H***, I had to go to the prom with one of my friends because I could not even get a proper date, I can not even look back at these pictures because I look so bad. I transferred schools, but the teasing got worse. After a, say, "incident" I had with the school play, bullying piorou. As I only made ​​it through high school, only to discover that real life was pretty much the same. I just stayed in my dark room all day. I do not talk to anyone, I would not out there. I just stayed inside and took off.
    I called vampires, mummies, heroes, villains. Anything to help me escape from everything bad in the world. I went to art school and do not really belong. All I could draw was comic book characters. I tried to put only my talent to good use, by drawing a cartoon and pitching it - only to have it rejected. Life for me was just useless. I began drinking, using drugs and just generally wasting my life drawing. Then one day I saw bodies falling from the sky. I witnessed people dying. And that's when I decided to turn my life around. I called anyone I knew had an instrument and we formed a band. Being on tour for the first year was bad. All we would do is get drunk and do drugs, but I loved it. Because I was doing something I loved with people I loved. And a few years ago I met a woman more perfect than ever. It's like we share a Wavelink or something. She just knows me, even if you do not know what I mean. And now, 2011. I have a beautiful girl, a charitable woman, and I get to do for all my adoring fans every day. I am living proof that no matter how bad life gets, it gets better. I'm Gerard Way, and I survived." --Gerard Way (obviously)
  • “All your quirks and all your problems - even your depressions and your failures - that’s what makes you you.” --Gerard Way
  • "Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment.  For even the very wise cannot see all ends. I have not much hope that Gollum can be cured before he dies, but there is a chance of it." --Gandalf from Lord of the Rings (I have no interest in reading the books or watching the movies, but I love this quote)
  • "Our worth is not based on circumstances, but in our shared humanity." --Aimee Murphy
  • "If the fetus you abort is gay, does that mean you're homophobic? Human rights start when human life begins." --Aimee Murphy
  • "Love is putting someone else’s needs before yours." –Olaf from Frozen
  • "You laugh at me 'cause I'm different. I laugh at you 'cause you're all the same." (I forgot who said this)
  • "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." (I also forgot who said this)
  • "There is no personhood fairy." --Kelsey Hazzard
 And this does not include awesome song lyrics...

No comments:

Post a Comment