About me

Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Eff yeah! Facebook statuses!

It's really difficult trying to find Gerard Way interviews without swearing so I can watch it without headphones... just saying.

Dress codes that don't allow people to show off their butts =/= rape culture. Covering your butt is a basic act of human decency.

I'm against dismemberment. Sue me.

The media's portrayal of high school is way different than my high school experience.
 
I bet there's a special place in hell for people who abuse kittens (or any baby animal, really)...
In other news, I want a cheeseburger. Or anything else that doesn't smell like Clorox wipes.
I hate all generations. The older you are, the more likely you are to be a bigoted authoritarian, and the younger you are, the more likely you are to be a special snowflake with a sense of entitlement regarding everything.
Look, I'm female, autistic, mentally ill, and many other things, and I'm sick of SJWs making me look bad. I'm not a "special snowflake," nor am I easily offended. Stop ruining my reputation!
I apologize for my excessive use of the term "special snowflake" as an insult. I realize that it's offensive to snowflakes. Please forgive me.
I'm a feminist. I should be reading literature about women's rights issues. But I can't bring myself to read it because it can be so disturbing and depressing.

As long as the church is going to use "sacred powers of procreation" as a euphemism for sex, they might as well say the Israelites were delivered out of "unusual behavior."
"A fetus shouldn't have more rights than a woman!"
Good point. Let's make it legal to kill your next door neighbor so they don't have rights over you.
I'm creating a comic called "Epic Girl Smashes the Patriarchy." In the first two issues, she's going to fight Robin Thicke and Christian Grey, respectively. I think this might be the most riot grrrl thing I'm doing right now.
Online virtual worlds are fun. They're just not $70 a year worth of fun. Seriously, what ever happened to playing fun online games for free?

I hope those psychology textbooks are wrong and that there are guys out there who would actually love and care about me rather than only caring about sex.
 
Never, ever, ever cross the road. That's appropriating chicken culture.
"No. My Chemical Romance never did a cover of the Imperial March. Stop asking." --Han Solo
Gerard Way, I know MCR broke up three years ago, but please get them back together just to do a cover of the Imperial March.
Honestly, I don't care if there's a transgender person in the bathroom stall next to me. I mean, as long as nobody's actually in my stall, I don't see any reason why people should make such a big deal about who can and can't go to the bathroom. What are we supposed to do? Show the bathroom police our genitalia to prove that we're of the "right" sex? Seriously, we should be able to do our business without the government getting involved. Yes, it is important to consider that it's not outside the realm of possibility that a creep say they identify as a certain gender just so they can peek on people, but there should be ways to prevent that without making bathrooms into a bureaucracy.
(Posted on my birthday) 18 years ago was my last full day as a fetus.
"Mormons don't drink Coke!"
Yeah, as someone who lives with a bunch of Mormons, I can tell you that's not true.
Good news: I'm not afraid of walruses anymore.
I hate politicians.
Reason #145 why I'm afraid of working with mainstream pro-life groups: There are people in the movement who won't accept people who wear (gasp) V-neck tops! Oh my gosh! Because it's the end of the world if you can see a little bit of cleavage. I mean, I think I dress modestly, but it's not like I'm always wearing high-cut tops. And frankly, if someone calls me a slut, I will be so tempted to punch them in the face. Not only is that misogynistic, but it would be so inaccurate because, if anything, I should be considered a prude.
I'm not sure how I feel about Babymetal. Their visuals are pretty awesome. Their music? I've heard better. Then again, in context, their music makes slightly more sense (it's supposed to be a cross between j-pop and metal, but I still think it could have been done better).

I don't understand why people would be tortured in hell for not believing in God. I mean, if someone didn't know I exist, I wouldn't want them burned. Even if they intentionally ignored me, I wouldn't want them to be burned. And I thought I had a bad temper...
I wish the "interested in" section of my Facebook profile was customizable (like the gender section). I'm not interested in men, women, or other genders. I'm interested in Gerard Way, and that's pretty much it.
When you say "anti-choice," all I hear is "I'm whiny and insufferable." I'm not offended by name-calling. I'm offended by your stupidity because you give humans a bad name.

I'm never going to college. I don't want to be exposed to weird sexual stuff!
Yes, I'm almost eighteen and still repulsed by sex. Deal with it.
Why is it that I have to go on a date to get dressed up?
That moment when a list of music recommendations has everything from My Chemical Romance to Kermit the Frog.
That awkward moment when you, a libertarian-leaning, pro-LGBTQ feminist with a complicated relationship with religion, are more devoted to the pro-life cause than your religious, conservative peers. Seriously, I think it's been at least five years since someone at church (who wasn't me) talked about how abortion is wrong. That's kind of scary, especially considering how much more often they talk about "immoral" things that don't kill people...
Reasons why I often find myself hating my generation:
1. They think they're entitled to everything.
2. They're a bunch of potheads.
3. And yet they want to ban tobacco.
4. They want to ban everything they dislike and make everything they like mandatory.
5. They don't understand basic economics.
6. They're too politically correct.
7. They're a bunch of special snowflakes.
8. They create all these weird labels for themselves just to be difficult (I'm not totally against obscure labels, but sometimes it just gets to be too much).
9. They're accepting and tolerant... unless you do something they don't like.
10. They're so sensitive to other cultures that they forget to criticize the aspects of cultures that don't respect individuals.
11. They think EVERYTHING is offensive, even if it's not.
12. And they insist on all "offensive" things being censored.
13. They're statists.
14. Their sense of fashion is horrible.
15. They have horrible taste in music.
16. They use annoying slang ("bae").
17. They don't view learning as important.

I had a dream last night where I had started a Killjoy roleplay on some Internet forum. Someone replied to the post by saying it was inappropriate because Gerard Way wore a muscle shirt, and she was basically shaming him for "dressing immodestly." I replied by saying it was his choice to wear that shirt and that she was slut-shaming him. And for some reason, I remember her name: Isis.
Was it just a weird dream? Or was it a metaphor for the Islamic state or misogyny or...?
Reason Magazine says it's absurd to say that the "A" often found in the LGBT+ acronym stands for asexual rather than ally. I think it's ridiculous to make it stand for ally. I mean, since everyone (except reactionaries) is supporting gay rights now, that would make everyone LGBT+, even if they're straight, cisgender, and allosexual. That's absurd. I heard an analogy somewhere that it's like having your name in the credits just because you watched the movie and enjoyed it. Allies aren't marginalized in the same way that LGBT+ people are. And let me tell you, in our overly sexualized society, asexuals need to be included.
Great. Now I sound like the politically correct police. And no, I am not hating on Reason Magazine. I'm just saying that they can be ridiculous at times.
Just so we're clear: me being a libertarian is not the same as me being okay with poor people dying. And honestly, I don't have a lot of faith in private charity; it's just that I have even less faith in the government. No matter what your views on government welfare are, HELP THE POOR. Donate stuff. Volunteer. Help your friends who are struggling. Do what you can. I'll admit I'm not perfect at this. But don't expect that the government will do everything because that will help no one.
The vast majority of romantic stories make me want to vomit... (says the girl who gushes about Gerard Way 24/7)

For someone who strongly believes in nonaggression, I have a horrible temper. I feel so hypocritical speaking out against violence when I have been known to act out violently on occasion. I don't want to hurt anyone. Sometimes I wonder why I can't instead have different problems that don't hurt others. I see a counselor, but it's still tough. Just know that I'm trying.
(And no, I did not hit anyone today. It's not like I hit people on a daily basis or anything...)
Why do people talk during class? It's so annoying! If you're not going to pay attention, why can't you do something quiet, like using the internet on your phone?
Repeat after me, reactionaries: dismemberment and homosexuality are not on the same level of evil (in fact, I don't even think homosexuality is a sin, but whatever).
According to my film teacher, Jan Svankmajer's Alice would get a "1" if it were graded. Why? It doesn't have music. Believe it or not, music isn't always necessary. And I love music.

Am I the only one who thinks Stagecraft should actually be called "Cleaning Up The Stage Crap?"
And the score would've been waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy higher if I were married and had my driver's license (I replaced "work" with "school," which also works because girls can't go to school in a lot of countries, either). I hope the people who create and enforce misogynistic laws rot in hell for eternity, and even that may not make up for the living hell they've put women through.
Even if you somehow convince me that the Bible supports abortion, that will not convince me to support it because the Bible says a lot of stuff I disagree with (homosexuality is a sin, women should be silent in church, verses supporting unjust war and the death penalty, etc). My respect for human life does not come from religion or even from God (and I believe in God); it comes from my belief in natural rights.
Why didn't the social justice warrior cross the road? 'Cause they'd be appropriating chicken culture.

So, Tumblr, let me get this straight... we should be hyper-sensitive to the feelings of transgender people UNLESS they disagree with your political views, in which case you can say offensive things to them? Hypocrites.
I don't understand why anyone (save pro-choice libertarian extremists) wouldn't want abortion clinics to meet certain health requirements. Seriously, whatever happened to "safe, legal, and rare?" Now it's "anything goes, as long as there's an abortion clinic within ten miles from every person's house." And WE'RE the ones that don't care about women's health??? Gosh.

Note to self: Boca burgers are gross and not an acceptable substitute for the real thing.
I'm so tempted to post a fake event on one of those pro-life events websites that basically says "stop comparing homosexuality to murder, you bigot!" Seriously, I don't want any more anti-gay crap mixed in with the pro-life movement.
Reactionaries: Shaming single parents, LGBTQ people, and anyone else you don't like is neither pro-life nor pro-family. If someone gets pregnant as a result of premarital sex, shaming them will only encourage them to have an abortion. Tearing families apart because they have same-sex parents is definitely not "pro-family." Your counter protest to the LGBTQ Day of Silence is anti-life because the day is not about gay marriage but about supporting LGBTQ people so they don't kill themselves! Choosing sexual "purity" over human life is wrong. So if you're going to continue to be a bigot, at least stop calling yourself "pro-life" and "pro-family." Call yourself a bigot, because that's exactly what you are.

Guys... common sense is NOT victim-blaming. Just because the aggressor should be held accountable for their actions doesn't mean you should engage in reckless behavior.
"Why are you so prude? Sex is a part of life, you know!"
Well, yeah, but so is going to the bathroom, and I highly doubt you'd want to hear about someone's bowel movements in a polite conversation.
 
‪#‎IfIWereAStatist‬ I'd make it illegal to brag about your love life.
I would like to have a word with the idiot who decided to put advertisements for horror movies on an ambient noise app that's supposed to help you sleep. Is this some cruel joke?
I hate those "free" internet games where you have to pay a million dollars to unlock all the cool stuff. Seriously, if apps like Blender are free, and if a Doll Divine premium membership is only a dollar per month, then why on earth do they charge us a trillion dollars to play something that isn't nearly as advanced? Seriously.
Look, I'm as sick of political correctness as the next politically incorrect person, but I'm also sick of people taking a victim mentality and accusing people of "reverse discrimination." Seriously, you're acting just like the people you're annoyed by!

Apparently Gerard Way is/was trending on Facebook. Now that's a trend I'm willing to follow.

Reactionaries: even if you think homosexuality is a sin, please stop acting like it's on the same level as abortion. Homosexuality can't be anywhere near as bad as dismemberment. It's your fault people think we pro-lifers just want to force our views on others. --A pro-lifer who believes in civil liberties that don't kill people

Someone put forks in her hair to prove a point that wearing chopsticks in your hair is cultural appropriation. Of course, that backfired and now I want to put forks in my hair because unlike some people, I can appreciate fashion statements.
If you're the type of person who likes to constantly remind people that vulvas and vaginas are not the same thing, maybe you should stop saying "keep your politics out of my vagina." 'Cause uteruses aren't vaginas either, and acting like they are just makes you look like an idiot who's trying to get shock value.
While working on a safety rules poster for Industrial Arts:
Partner: "We are NOT turning that in." (It was a picture of someone getting their hand cut off with a bandsaw as an example of what happens if you don't follow the rules)
Me: "Why not?"
Partner: "It's not school-appropriate."
Me: "Not school-appropriate, my--"
I didn't finish my sentence, and then went on to say that we read books in school that aren't "school-appropriate."
You know an organization is insufferable when they start complaining about a Doritos ad just because there was a fetus in it.
Stupid things I have done when experiencing a crush (this also includes celebrity and fictional crushes):
1. Followed my crush around at school.
2. Talked about my crush 24/7 and then got embarrassed when people found out.
3. Referred to my crush as a ballpoint pen.
4. Referred to my crush as a llama.
5. Referred to my crush as a purple bird.
6. Referred to my crush as a toaster oven.
7. Given my crush some other stupid nickname.
8. Been mean to my crush when my feelings weren't reciprocated.
9. Used the phrase "flames of my heart."
10. Had an existential crisis when my crush didn't say "hi" to me.
11. Had an existential crisis when my crush thought about growing a beard.
12. Try to become friends with my crush's friends/family, even if I wouldn't be friends with them otherwise.
13. Sang songs about my crush's cute little nose.
14. Tried to kiss my crush (I was four, okay???).
15. Pretended to lose my textbook so I could spend more time with my crush.
16. Planned me and my crush's wedding and showed it to everyone during a church activity.
17. Pretended to be indecisive about whether to be inside or outside during lunch so I could pass by a picture of my crush a bunch of times.
18. Believed my obviously gay crush might possibly like me back.
19. Interpreted every little thing as a sign that my crush might reciprocate my feelings.
20. Had an existential crisis when I realized I had no future with my crush.
Best times for (Western) fashion and aesthetics: Medieval period, Rococo era, Victorian era, Edwardian era, 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, and early 60's.
Worst times to be a woman (or anyone, really): Everything on the above list, plus every other time before that, and in some countries, every time after that.
Why is it that many feminists have the victim mentality while insisting that female characters always save themselves? How about a more nuanced approach that empowers women while understanding that everyone, no matter how independent, needs help at some point?

My teacher accused me of thinking like an old man because I said the social justice movement was more reasonable in the past than it is now. Because apparently it's old-fashioned to believe in freedom as opposed to political correctness.
I knew a girl who was obsessed with science and alternative rock. One day, she told me about how a man held a gun to a head and told her he'd spare her life if she recited the periodic table of elements. Being the science nerd that she was, she was able to recite it. Just as she was almost finished, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro, and Frank Iero were able to disarm the guy and have him arrested.
"I guess you could say," she said, "that MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE SAVED MY LIFE!!!"
Get it? My Chemical Romance? Her chemical romance? 'Cause she was obsessed with chemistry? Get it? Get it?
Yeah, I know that was a dumb joke... whatever.
Conservatives: "Religion of peace, my butt! We've got to stop those Muslim terrorists!!"
Liberals: "Pro-life, my butt! We've got to stop those anti-choicers from bombing abortion clinics!!"

Guys. Most Muslims are not terrorists. Most pro-lifers are peaceful. So shut the eff up.
Like I've said at least a trillion times, I'm not sure if I'm more annoyed by the overly politically correct SJWs or the bigoted reactionaries. Right now, I think I'd say the reactionaries.
Okay, I think I'm starting to make peace with Gerard growing a beard. If he can look stupid when doing the Weekend Pancake Report, I can still love him.

Dear Gerard Way,
Here's some good advice to live by: "Don't stop believing... unless your dream is stupid." No offense, but your dream is incredibly stupid, so please stop believing.
Love,
Mary
P.S. No, I will not stop loving you if you grow that beard, but I probably won't find it attractive.

Dear Lyn-Z,
No, I'm not out to steal your husband. However, I would like you to talk some sense into him.
Your friend,
Mary
P.S. You're awesome.

WHY DO ALL THE ATTRACTIVE GUYS HAVE TO GROW BEARDS??????
‪#‎IfIWereAStatist‬ I'd make it illegal for attractive dudes to grow beards.
Dear Gerard Way,
I will always love you, but I cannot support your decision to grow a beard. You look much better without one.
Love,
Mary
Dear Gerard Way,
I will always love you, but could you please shave? You're starting to grow a beard. And after you shave, can you take a selfie where you're not covering your face? Your face is gorgeous.
Love,
Mary
 Why do restaurants have to have sexually suggestive advertisements? It doesn't make me want to eat their food; it makes me want to vomit.
Supporting prescribed gender roles is very un-libertarian. Forcing women to make sandwiches because of male entitlement is also un-libertarian. Being a sexist pig is un-libertarian. Seriously, it's one thing to disagree with the mainstream feminist movement, but that doesn't mean you should be a bigot.
I don't get why everybody likes Kylo Ren. To me, he's an evil jerk with stupid hair.
Apparently Gerard got another cat, too. The only downside is that I'll have to add ANOTHER cat to my Sims family, and I already have two...

To anyone who thinks libertarians should move to Somalia:
1. Libertarianism is not anarchy.
2. Somalia is not anarchist.
3. Somalia is full of non-aggression principle violations.
4. By that logic, you should move to North Korea since you like statism so much...

My mood right now: Wanting to meet up with like-minded people, but I live on the other side of the country AND it's finals week. All the nearby events either conflict with my schedule or it would be really awkward being there because, well, I'm unconventional. ‪#‎UnconventionalProLifeProblems‬
Me: "Smash the patriarchy!"
Me: "End rape!"
Me: "End FGM!"
Me: "Don't blame rape victims!"
Me: "Screw gender roles and let people be individuals!"
Me: "Stop over-sexualizing women!"
Me: "Active, enthusiastic consent is mandatory for EVERY relationship!"
Me: "Overemphasis on 'purity' can be extremely damaging."
Me: "The media needs more interesting female characters!"
Me: "I'm pro-life."
Mainstream feminists: "OMG YOU ANTI-CHOICE MISOGYNIST!"
Seriously. Feminists disagree on issues all the time. Why do people have to resort to the "no true Scotsman" fallacy?
Things that destroy families:
1. Domestic violence
2. Neglect
3. Abandonment
4. Irresponsibility
5. Child abuse
6. Abortion
7. Poverty
8. War
9. Addiction
Things that don't destroy families:
1. Gay marriage
2. Women's rights (no, this is NOT a euphemism for abortion-- that would fall under the "violence" category)
3. Individual rights
4. Secularism
5. Children with disabilities
6. Liberty
7. Non-procreative sex
And yet the "pro-family" crowd advocates most strongly against everything on the second list. Heck, maybe they should be added to the first list because they have ruined the word "family" by politicizing it.
Another thing that destroys families: Monopoly. I would know; my brother's obsessed with it.
I will flat-out say it: if you seriously think Donald Trump would make a good president, YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment