About me

Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Different attitudes on sex, and their flaws


How extreme conservatives view sex: Only husband and wife should have sex. Homosexuality is evil and unnatural. Birth control is evil, unless it's NFP. Any sexual act that is even slighty abnormal is evil. Sex education is evil, unless it's abstinence-only. Masturbation is immoral. Don't flaunt your sexuality, but it's okay if I judge you for having sex. Also, it's worse for women to have sex than it is for men to have sex, unless men are having sex with other men. Women who wear skimpy clothes are "asking for it." Men are better than women. Pregnancy is a punishment for immoral sexual activity, and pregnant women should be expected to take the consequences. I only believe this because God said so.
How extreme liberals view sex: Assuming that sex is between two consenting people, ANYONE can do it. It's okay for teenagers to have sex, as long as they're doing it with people their own age. It's okay for anyone to have casual sex. Everyone should have sex because it's healthy. Abortion is okay under any circumstances. Birth control is necessary to prevent overpopulation. Planned Parenthood is great. Pornography is liberating. Did I mention that abortion is a woman's right? If abortion is murder, then so is male masturbation because I don't know the difference between an unborn baby and a gamete. Oh yeah, and our taxpayer money should be funding all of this, regardless of religion.
How stupid people view sex: If a man is promiscuous, he's manly. If a woman is promiscuous, she's a slut. But if neither of them have sex, they're prude.
How pre-teens view sex: HAHAHA! SHE SAID SEX!!!
How teenagers view sex: I like to flaunt my sexuality and talk about my sex life in detail.
How I view sex: It is not my business who has sex (as long as it's consensual), but I believe that sex should be between two consenting adults in a committed, loving relationship. It's not my business what two consenting adults do in the bedroom, either. Masturbation is perfectly fine, as long as it doesn't take up one's entire life, and as long as it's done in private. Sex education should be fact-based, not opinion based. Fertility is a beautiful thing that should be respected, but individuals should also be allowed to use birth control, as long as it doesn't kill an unborn child. Although I'm all for free speech, pornography is degrading because it exploits people. Slut-shaming is wrong and misogynistic. Assuming that the people are in a  healthy relationship and are being responsible, sex is pretty awesome (not that I would know, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment