My beliefs are kind of hard to describe. I believe in Jesus, but I have some beliefs that are very different from that of most Christians. For example, I believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are separate beings rather than being a Trinity. I also believe that I have two Heavenly Parents, a father and a mother. I believe in an afterlife, and I believe in spirits and paranormal stuff. I believe that God doesn't typically get involved in everyday life (Jesus dying for us being one exception), but that He/She inspires us to do certain things. I don't believe that everything happens because God intended it to happen, but I believe that He/She will make things right. I believe that all human beings are created equal and that all living things should be treated with respect. I believe in freedom, as long as we don't hurt ourselves or other people. I believe in individuality and creativity. I believe in forgiving and loving others. I believe in the importance of reason and knowledge rather than blind obedience. I believe that all humans have the potential to be awesome, but that they also have the potential to do evil things. I believe in understanding people and not judging them because (1. no one's perfect and (2. because people who do bad things are often going through something horrible (not necessarily the "they're probably abused at home" thing; it could be an internal struggle), or they were deceived in some way. I'm not sure exactly what the afterlife is like, but I tend to believe that Hell is more of a state of mind and/or a result of feeling uncomfortable in God's presence rather than God sending us to a place where we'll be tortured. I also believe that we'll still progress in the afterlife. I believe that God judges people by their effort and their faith in what they know of (translation: I don't believe that God sends all the nonbelievers to "Hell" unless they're evil and they reject God even in the afterlife when they have firm proof that God exists).
However, I also believe that I could be wrong about a lot of this. Maybe God is just a feeling. Maybe the afterlife is different than I imagine it would be. Maybe life is completely meaningless. I've even wondered if God was abusing His/Her power and that maybe God wasn't necessarily "good," but there was some other good out there that just wasn't as powerful as God (of course, I only think that when I'm depressed).
Nonetheless, I believe that, even if God doesn't exist, it's still important to be a good person. My belief that we should do good things is reason-based.
No comments:
Post a Comment