Even though I'm Consistent Life, I strongly believe that people should be allowed to own guns for self-defense.
The Second Amendment gives us the right to bear arms, which is an
important right because it allows us to defend ourselves. I mean, if we
could only rely on the police to help us, there is a chance that the
police may not come in time.
A common argument against what I just said
is that strict gun control laws prevent
crime. Thing is, if criminals cared about what was legal and what wasn't, they
wouldn't be criminals. Criminals don't think about robbing the bank but
then stop because stealing is illegal. Criminals can still get guns
illegally, leaving law-abiding citizens defenseless.
Besides, all crime is bad, no matter what weapon it's committed with. Isn't controlling crime more important than controlling guns?
That being said, I strongly support background checks, and I don't think guns should be handed out
to everyone.
Basically, my views on guns can be summed up like this quote from Aurelio Voltaire: "I believe in the second amendment but I could never own a gun myself
because I'd be a soldier for Darwin and kill ten idiots a day."
No comments:
Post a Comment