Although I've been interested in Wicca for a while, it wasn't until recently that I actually started to incorporate it into my own form of spirituality. Strangely enough, my first ritual was anti-Trump. In fact, it was Donald Trump that made me start to actually incorporate Wicca into my spirituality in the first place.
That said, I am uncomfortable with this ritual. I mean, as horrible as Trump is, it is unethical to use magick to take away a person's free will. At the same time, we have a moral obligation to help those who are being harmed. So here are some alternatives I thought of:
- Instead of using magick to physically prevent Trump from doing harm, you can use it to:
- Protect victims of Trump's policies in a way that doesn't bind Trump (for example, shielding them from Trump's harmful actions, or giving them the power to fight back).
- Influence Trump and his supporters to have a change of heart.
- Empower Trump's opponents so they may speak out against him.
- Criticize Trump supporters rather than silencing them.
- Go out and protest! Or something. Just don't rely entirely on magick.
No comments:
Post a Comment