- I like a lot of non-goth bands, including bands that goths tend to hate (like My Chemical Romance).
- I hate spiders. I mean, their webs are cool, but the thought of one crawling all over me gives me the creeps.
- I don't like gloomy weather.
- I love cute things.
- I enjoy a lot of Disney movies.
- My style overlaps with many non-goth styles (including, but not limited to punk, rockabilly, steampunk, dieselpunk, neo-Victorian, visual kei, Lolita, and other Japanese street fashions).
- I actually quite like the pastel goth look.
- I don't always wear dark colors.
- I didn't get into the trad goth look until fairly recently (and it's still not my favorite).
- I'm only a casual fan of most of the bands I like.
- My current crush isn't goth.
- Heck, none of my crushes (you know, on people I actually know or knew at one point) are/were goth. One of them had a more alternative style, but he wasn't goth.
- (This isn't really an un-goth confession, but I decided to add it because a lot of goths are also into geek culture) I'm only a casual fan of most geek stuff. I like Star Wars, superheroes, and RPGs, but I don't obsess over those things.
- My bedroom is pink. And I actually kind of like it.
- I shop at Hot Topic.
- My hair is dark blonde, although I am getting red and purple streaks.
- I don't have any close friends who are goth.
- At least half of my friends are Mormon.
- I rarely wear makeup.
- I rarely cuss. Usually I use substitute words.
- I don't watch a lot of horror movies, mainly because I still live with my parents, and they have rules about what we can and can't watch. The ones I've seen (and enjoyed) are considered mild by most horror fans. I have a long list of horror movies that I want to see after I leave the house, but even then, I've decided I'm going to avoid anything that involves body horror or extreme sadism.
- I can be a bit squeamish about blood and guts. I mean, it's cool in art, but I don't like thinking about pain.
- I don't smoke, drink, or use drugs.
- I don't drink black coffee (or any coffee).
- I'm not a vegetarian.
- My political views are different than those of most goths.
- I have extremely low tolerance for pain.
- I'm not even sure I have the right to make this list, given that there are so many un-goth things about me.
About me
Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.
Wednesday, July 6, 2016
Un-goth confessions
So I consider myself goth. But there are lots of things about me that other goths would disapprove of:
Labels:
just for fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment