About me

Warning: This blog is mainly about my views on issues relating to liberty, disability rights, women's rights, the non-aggression principle, and the consistent life ethic. This blog also contains artwork, satire, and lists of awesome music and movies. Many of the things I post will be controversial, meaningful, or hilarious. For a more in-depth description, click here.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Why I include certain websites on my list of links, even if they aren't 100% aimed at people like me

Many of the websites listed on the "Awesome Stuff" list are not exactly aimed at people like me. However, I like these websites for a few reasons:
  • I may identify with their values and motives. For example, I identify much more with liberal pro-life organizations than conservative ones because the more liberal pro-life organizations tend to take more of a human rights approach, whereas conservative pro-life organizations take more of a moral approach. I am also a cultural liberal, so I don't really identify with culturally conservative organizations.
  • I think it's great that they exist. I like organizations that are based in places I do not live in, organizations for people with beliefs different than mine (Mormons for Marriage Equality, Pro-Life Humanists, etc), and the like.
  • The community is awesome, or they post awesome stuff on Facebook.
  • I have some sort of connection to the organization or website. For example, I was featured on the Pro-Life Liberals page on Facebook once and I was invited to like their page.

No comments:

Post a Comment